FAHRION - Our success story
This review of more than 100 years of company history covers a number of important milestones that have shaped our family-run company and our current product range. We continue to write the success story.
- Establishment of the company by Eugen Fahrion and his partner as a business partnership in the ‘Mittlere Beutau’ in Esslingen. The initial products were shoe nails and woodworking tools.
- Separation of the two partners. The company ‘Fahrion & Ortlieb, Maschinen- u. Werkzeugbau Esslingen Mettingen’ was founded. Production of collets started.
- Fahrion had the first trademark registered according to commercial laws.
- After WW1 the Fahrion & Ortlieb company was dissolved and the sole proprietorship Eugen Fahrion was established in 1919.
- The product range was expanded from collets to end millers and saw blades, PBF precision collet chucks, G+H die heads and the GA tapping apparatuses that are still part of the range today.
- Son Karl Fahrion joined the company.
- Development of the location as a result of the good economic situation.
- On 1 December Karl Fahrion took over the company from his father.
- End of WW2. With skill and great committment, Karl Fahrion was able to prevent the company being broken up and could start again.
- 50th anniversary of the company.
- Kaisersbach was established as a branch factory exclusively for the manufacture of collets; production of collet chucks and apparatuses continued in Bitz and Mettingen.
- Death of Karl Fahrion.
- Introduction of the FP precision collet chuck with adjustable concentricity.
- Ulrich Fahrion assumed sole management of the company.
- Improvement of the standard concentricity of GER-B collets to 10 µm.
- Complete relocation of production to Kaisersbach.
- Establishment of FAHRION Vertriebs-GmbH and construction of the administration building with warehouse. Introduction of the patented HPplus precision collet chuck with a concentricity of 7 µm at the EMO in Hanover.
- Improvement of the concentricity of the HPplus to 3 µm and introduction of the GER-HP precision collet with 3 µm.
- Improvement of the standard concentricity of GER-B collets to 6 µm.
- Introduction of the patented CENTRO P precision collet chuck.
- Extension of the administration building.
- Establishment of the production branch in the Ukraine.
- Addition of a new hall to the production building.
- Improvement of the standard concentricity of GER-B collets to 5 µm and of GER-HP to 2 µm.
- Nora Strohmer, the daughter of Ulrich Fahrion, becomes part of the company (Training as Industrial Business Management Assistant).
- Construction of a new office building, expansion of the production hall and the high bay warehouse Kardex I.
- Construction of an additional hall and therefore expansion of a production area of 40%.
- Construction of the high bay warehouse Kardex II.
- Introduction of the first Collet with integrated pull-out protection. The Patented GERC.W Collet.
- Start-up of our inhouse coating plant.
- Nora Strohmer officially joins the company after her studies
- Lisa Strohmer, the 2nd daughter of Ulrich Fahrion, joins the company (Training as Technical Product Designer)
- Expansion of the product range in the direction of high-performance milling with the Ultra Power Chuck UPC.
- Construction of another Kardex Towers and complete restructuring to a modern warehouse.
- Nora Strohmer takes over as Managing Director Sales.
- Merger of FAHRION Vertriebs-GmbH with Eugen Fahrion GmbH & Co. KG.
- Lisa Strohmer joins the management board. From now on, the management board is shared by all three family members.